Wow, 2017 is coming to an end! It sure feels like the year went by superfast. As you look at your career goal list marking off all the wonderful things you have achieved, and the items you will push to the new year; REMEMBER to give yourself a pat on the back!
We’ve all experienced the ups and downs of being a young professional trying to find our footing, find our unique niche, smiling at corny office jokes and staying away from office gossip; whilst still being positive and kicking ass with little to no recognition. Despite all these moments reminding us that adulting as a black woman is hard, we get up every day to kick ass because Duh!
The disappointments are a part of our growth, but don’t let them define your way forward. Here are five tips from #womanboss Allison Waymyers to keep in mind as you get ready to kick ass in 2018!
1. Respect and appreciation are non-negotiable.
2. Transform lives AS you climb.
3. Treat everyone like they have a story, because they do.
4. Sometimes to be a leader, you must stand alone.
5. What GOD gives you, NO ONE can take away.